Sunday, September 28, 2008

Summer Vacation- Phase 1

Jake with his Aunt Lori

Well, this year we did something we have never done before. We took a 3 week vacation. Now, I never thought I would doubt my decision to insist that my frugal husband ensure our new car had black leather seats......until Arizonia.....June.....115 degrees. Our first day we purchased one of those window blocker thingy's that EVERYONE should have in AZ, and the NOBODY has in WA. It actually helped, but we still needed towels to save the back of our legs from 3rd degree burns (well, it felt that hot anyways).

So, lesson #1. Visit Arizona during spring break, not summer break!

OK, so Phase 1 of Summer Vacation 2008 was Mesa, AZ to visit family and friends. Joe said he was tired feeling like he didn't have enough time to spend with everyone, and that he wanted to be sick of his family by the time we left. So 2 weeks in Mesa it is. Didn't work. Actually made things worse I think. Oh, well. What to do, we still had fun!



Cousin Time
Jake, Nathan, & Caleb


Good Buds and their little Mother
Jake, Logan, & Natalie

Mexican Train anyone?
Jake, Grandmother, & Me

WARNING: Public Affection
Judy & Brent


At least you guys aren't eating in this picture:)
Chris & Lori


When you won't stand still, you can't complain when I post it on my blog!
Cheryl, John, Caleb, & Nathan


Again, if you would just cooperate every now and then I wouldn't have to put a picture like this up.
Joe, Lori, & John
Phase 2 still to come.......I am a little tired from posting phase 1 a million times to get the picture thing right.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Kim. I can see the pictures! Thanks. Sounds like you guys had fun. I can't wait to hear more. It was really nice to see pictures of Joe's family.

Also, the first thing I bought when I moved to AZ in AUGUST 1983, was one of those window sun reflector things. My first morning (yes morning, 8am) when I went out to my car (parked in Caballero Circle) I couldn't open the car door without burning myself. I ran back in and got a towel and carried it with me everywhere (mainly to sit on--ouch!).

Betsy said...

I'm glad you got the pictures figured out.

How did we ever live in Arizona? I remember always having a small towel in the car so that you didn't get burnt by the steering wheel when you were driving.