Saturday, December 6, 2008

The BEST time of year!

I love Christmas time. It starts getting fun at Halloween actually. Maybe that is why I like to go to Disneyland in November. Anyways, since everyone is posting there "tree" experiences I will post mine. We don't have any tales of mud or cold or saws. Just a 50 lb. box in the attic. Actually, I am going to weigh it when we get ready to put it away this year. It might be 75. I don't have any pictures of Joe yelling down from the attic "It's coming do you have it? DO YOU HAVE IT???" Maybe next year I will video tape the fun experience. But it is all worth it in the end.


We don't have to worry about our tree catching fire, just melting. We also don't have to vacuum up pine needles every day. I do need to go out and buy a pine smelling candle though.


Well here is our Christmas tree. After I put the 3, pre-lighted sections together. I have to say I really had a hard time finally going to the "fake" route, but now I am OK with it :).

Also, another reason it was easier to go "fake". When your 10 year old son would rather play Lego Star Wars then decorate the tree you know it has lost some of the magic.



Oh, and one more thing. Can you believe this is the only Nativity we own. A plastic Playschool set. One of these days I will invest in a grown up one with out a cardboard backdrop.


1 comment:

Betsy said...

Every year I debate getting a fake Christmas tree. Some year maybe Tom will debate it too and we will get one. As for now, Tom likes the real ones and I don't care enough to fight too hard. One thing that always has me considering it is the lights. It would be nice not to have to run lights through the tree. I don't mind the rest of it though. It is kind of fun going and picking one out.

We both are definitely not like Mom with the nativity sets. I only have one little cheap one that I got at Walmart last year because I needed one to go along with a primary sharing time I was doing. At least it doesn't have a cardboard backdrop though.